The recent explosion of technology, with the addition of new materials, expanding the range of possibilities allows to make operative video-laparoscopy with true and accurate surgery. The interest lies in the concept of minimally invasive surgery “, as small holes in the abdominal cavity allows the surgeon to manipulate and perform their work without large incisions.
The contribution of the laser this method gives a new dimension. The important detail in the destruction or modification of the diseased tissues without damage to the surrounding, giving rise to a “conservative surgery, without removal, but in cases of unrecoverable organs or malignant potential.
The effectiveness of these techniques in “pelvic reconstructive surgery” is an indisputable gain fertility in many women.
At present the available material can make a large number of gynecological interventions.
The advantages of video-laparoscopic gynecologic surgery against conventional are:
– Shorter hospital stay. The patient remains in clinical calls a day, getting the high from 6 hours after surgery
– Shorter convalescence and recovery, may resume its activities from 5 th day of surgery
– Less chance of post-operative adhesions, by preventing pollution, gauze, gloves, sutures, etc …
– Less chance of infections. The patient’s abdomen is closed, no apparent injuries
– Invisible scars. The aesthetic effect is also important
– Minimally Invasive Surgery and conservative, resulting in less postoperative pain for the least inflammatory response of tissues
– Overall cost reduction